quinta-feira, 26 de julho de 2007

Yay! I'm back! No plane crash, no problems (OK, not actually nooo problems, but it's a long - and good - story)

I'm back, and as normal, I didn't call anyone! I'm a terrible contact-keeper (is that a word? Or a kind of carrer?).

I'm sorry if I take 2 weeks to answer an e-mail or even a MySpace comment, that's how my brazilian mind works - really slow.
BUT, I love letters. That I do. And I write long ones.

I've picked this picture to start the blog because that was my Brazil restart. That's the first time this year I've seen my mom and my brothers. That's a good beginnig. (And look at the cowboy hat! Yeeehaaa!*)

It's 1 a.m. here in the land of Brigadeiro so I wont write too much in this post. Actually, this is a kind of a test to see if people are actually interested to see more of Brazil, since I have never showed barely any picture from my country. Tell your friends, family, WOW companions, workmates, pets, MySpace known (and unknown) friends, cops, U.S. government, EVERYONE! (ok, nevermind about the government) about this blog.

I'll put more news later. And once in a while I'll call some random people from US to say hi while I have money.

And, nevermind... I don't remember birthdays. But I'm a great boyfriend! (just in case if anyone is still interested on the Greencard project...)

Next post is going to be better with more pics!

And, please, leave comments! Any stupid ones! Nothing can be more stupid than what I write...

cyall later,
Gabe.

*Oh, we were discussing among the exchange students... How the heck do you spell "yeehaa!"? Any idea? (I would expect a good answer or from my dad Steve or from my calculus teacher, Mr. Krile...)
Posted by Picasa

7 comentários:

Sara H. disse...

Hi Gabe!!! It's great to be able to have contact with you, finally. Glad to see you made it back safe and sound. :)

so you write letters? perhaps I should give you my address... I NEVER get personal mail. :/ And it'd be cool to here from you. well, that's all from me. bye!

~Sara~

(a)lyssa disse...

hey gabe... yeehaw yes that is how you spell... well yeehaw. miss you bunches. glad your enjoying the peanut butter. if you need any more just let me know. Hey hows the new house. talk to you later gabe.
lyssa

pegleg disse...

Hey Gabrielle,
1 cup roasted, unsalted, shelled peanuts
1-1/2 to 3 tablespoons peanut, safflower,vegatable,or canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sugar, or honey to taste
PREPARATION:
Blend in food processor or blender adding just enough oil to make it smooth. You can use salted peanuts and omit the salt, or omit the salt entirely with unsalted peanuts.

If you want chunky peanut butter, add chopped peanuts after you have made the smooth version.
Store peanut butter in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within two weeks.
Yield: about 1-1/2 cups
I hope this will work for you. If you have grape jelly that is also a good addition to peanut butter.
briadeiro translates to brigadier general in English.
Do you have temperatures change as often as we do around here? Imean like 70F one day and 48F the next? Our temperature today is 90F. CUL8R, Pegleg

kimberly disse...

Hey Gabe!

I know I've talked to you since you've arrived home, but I just want you to know that I'm glad that you made it safely!

And I love the picture of you hugging your family in the airport! You look so happy to be home! And not to mention, you look great in your cowboy hat! yeehaw!

Oh! And I would send you an entire box of Reese's cups and peanutbutter if it wasn't so expensive to ship it! :(

beijo,
kim

Anônimo disse...
Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.
Eddie disse...

Hi Gabriel
Mrs. Root came by today to give me the book you left for me. I am glad she came by because otherwise I would not know how to reach you because she said your email was not working. My email is still okay so you should say hi when you get a chance. She told me about your scores on the ACT and SAT--you did really well!! I know that those are not the scores you wanted but you should not be disappointed, those are still very good scores.
I miss you and I hope you are well. If there is anything from America that you miss that you want me to send you I would be happy to do it. Just ask.
Keep in touch!
Mrs. Black

Anônimo disse...

Hi Gabe,
Love the fam & house pics. Hope school (your senior year) us great! I can only imagine the difficult adjustment to friends & culture. Let's face it - you've been Americanized! Keep the blog going. Alyssa & I love seeing your family, friends, and pets. Stay in touch!
Debbie Pitts